Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Me 'n my sprinkles

Sometimes it's hard to pick just one thought that's floating around in my mind and write about it.
It's quite Harry Potter-ish isn't it? My very own pensieve of musings and memories. Yes, I hide my wand in my back pocket and I'm a Gryffindor, thank you very much!

When I was younger, I'd watch life happen around me and imagine myself floating on a cloud, just watching everything and everyone. It allowed me to time to observe and more importantly, choose how I wanted to react to stuff. I imagined that I could see how people felt and whether they were happy or not. Then I'd wish I had colorful Star Sprinkles in my bag ala Rainbow Brite, that would promptly make everyone happy and all would be right in the world.

If I was being honest, precious little has changed.

When life gives me the rare moments of quiet thought, I'm back on the cloud. I've come to learn with age that I always had some Sprinkles stashed away somewhere and though I couldn't make everyones worries go away, I could help a few. I learnt that I couldn't see how people felt, but I could try to be as nice as possible to them, never mind the circumstance. Chili calls that being a diplomat. She says tomato, I say tomato. *grin*
I've learnt that I can't always carefully plan my reactions. Sometimes they just take me by surprise. And that isn't such a bad thing after all.

There are so many people I want to watch from my cloud, so many people I want the best for. But since it's just this make-believe cloud (who knew, right?) I'll pray for you all instead.

And if there are any of you on clouds too - 'sup y'all!!
Say a prayer for me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment