Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's a crazy world we're living in.

Sometimes I wonder if my corner is too ...well, mine, I guess.

I wonder if my world, my joys and sorrows, my ups and downs...are all too close to the heart.
Do I worry about the big things?
Or do the little things in my life make all the difference?
I wonder if I 'sweat the small stuff'...or if I'm just normal.

Small gestures of kindness stay with me for a long, long time.
And similarly when people close to my heart act without thinking...I feel it. No, I don't hold on to it, but I DO feel it at the time.
I've wondered a few times before...is that normal? Or am I being a silly goose?

These random moments pass, thankfully.
And I remember that my corner is my own. Where I can just be me.
And it's ok to feel happy about little things. Like watching the American Idol finale with dude.
And it's nice to be amused at my own thoughts. I think God is quite cool. As in; He laughs when I laugh at a silly joke and He sometimes takes my side when I get annoyed at something.
And it's normal to feel a little hurt sometimes.
Where I don't need to pretend to be, walk or talk, a particular way.
Where I accept you and you accept me. As long as we keep it real, we're good.
Where I know God. and thankfully, He knows me.
And I can be thankful for my yesterdays, todays and tomorrows - no matter what.
And I can think about the not nice bits that crop up in life. And once I'm done thinking them through, can move them to the 'out' folder.

I'm happy my corner moves with me, wherever I am. I never feel the need or want to leave it behind.
Perhaps this won't make sense. But that's the niceness of it being my corner I guess.

I started this post in a bit of a funk. Just a bit.
And now I'm ok again. : )
I heart my corner.

1 comment:

  1. .... Rose.. just move them to the 'delete' folder... It works fine... :-)

    ReplyDelete