Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gump-ish about chocolate

Forrest Gump has to be one of my all time favorite flicks.

I loved Tom Hanks as the adorably loving, earnest, albeit slightly thick, Forrest. So many bits and pieces of the movie come to mind when you think of it, but my favorite was the dialogue about the chocolates.

'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I love hazelnut flavored chocs. And coconut ones and praline ones as well.
I've been having a lovely assortment of all my favorites, for the past few days.
*smiles*

I've got a remedy for days when I get the dark, white, coffee, fruit-flavored, liqueur chocs (never got around to liking them) or worst still, the bitter sweet ones. (ugh, awful flavors, those)
I spend time with a friend who likes them instead.
Pats is my dark chocolate buddy.
Dude, my fruitcake.
Mom - coffee. Hands Down.
Chili - the sinful choc ones. You know, when they're gorgeous when you eat them and then they guilt trip you later? Yeah : )
Jay - my one and only liqueur guy. Boozard, that you are.
Pa - the peanut ones which I can never finish on my own.

Luckily, I have a lot more friends than chocolate flavors I dislike.
Hope you have lots of people to share the assortment of life with too.

Till later!


2 comments:

  1. Rosemary, I love chocolates (all flavours) ... but I never looked at it the way you did. Thank you. Will remember that last line of your post and will remember you each time I eat chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... yes.. I so agree... I love.. love dark choco... :-)

    ReplyDelete