Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Left in awe...

It's been a funny sort of week.

A good friend of a good friend passed away very suddenly. Though I didn't know him personally, I felt as though I did. It was hard to watch Amu go through these foreign emotions and feel his pain, but not be able to say anything to comfort him. It was a gut-wrenching awful feeling and even that doesn't quite say it. No words of wisdom, hugs, I love yous...can change anything.
All you can do is stand in silent support and hope that it helps...somehow.

In the days that followed, I learnt that three close friends were pregnant and two others had just delivered. I rejoiced and was thrilled and at the same time, a part of my heart was confused. Life, death - what gives? I think somewhere in my mind, I even felt a little guilty for being as happy as I was.

It's easy to write about death...easier so to write about new life. But to see it up close and personal, stare it in the face and then consider writing about it...just filled me with so much sadness, my heart was heavy. Amu's friend's passing put a lot of things in perspective for a lot of us....what's really important, what truly matters and how some people and things are much too important to be pushed aside, even for a minute.
We all go through the pressures - work, family, commitments, studies, relationships - the whole she-bang. Then this reality check comes along, kicks you in the butt and you sit down suddenly, wide-eyed at your own world.

I learnt a few things...so I'm passing it on..maybe it'll make you look at the world the way I suddenly did.

Life is too short for silly squabbles. Family, friends, work - anyone. Life is just too damn short.

Friends are important. They are the family you choose for yourself...let them know you love them...whenever you can.

Work is work. It belongs in the office only - safe and sound. Period.

Live a healthy life. I don't like to think about whether or not I'm scared of death, but I'm worried and scared for those I may leave behind. Morbid perhaps, but true all the same.

Be happy from your heart. Love your loved ones because of all they are to you. We have but this one life to live...must we not do justice?

Pray. For everything. God Listens.


It's been a funny week. I wished there was an easier way to deal with death and then God showed me life...thrice in the same day.
I had no option but to bow my head in awe...and trust that He knew what He was doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment